Consultation with the institution’s AV Services staff is essential for any project where the proposed functionality of the space requires presentation technology.
In particular, AV services staff must be must be given adequate notice of the proposed tender issue dates to:
- Allow for the preparation of AV specifications; or (where an external consultant is involved)
- Allow for the review of such specifications prior to issue
One calendar month should be regarded as the minimum notification to University AV Services of the posting of tender documentation.
The institution’s audio visual services staff must be consulted to:
- Specify brands and models of certain equipment to ensure commonality and ease of fleet maintenance
- Specify access requirements to equipment, housings and cabling to ensure maintainability and safe working conditions
- Specify electrical interconnection standards to ensure compatibility with portable or user supplied equipment